solar farms

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of George George 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George
    George
    Keymaster

I am moving into a house that does not have a good roof for solar. I am looking for a solar farm where I can lease an array and thus gain the benefit of the solar. is that possible?

Profile photo of George
    George
    Keymaster

what state are you looking at. rules for solar farms vary state to state.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of George George.
    Profile photo of George
    George
    Keymaster

vermont.

Profile photo of George
    George
    Keymaster

Well then you may really be in luck. Vermont was the first state to allow group net metering when it passed legislation in 2003 and today about 12 states allow groups to come together to invest in solar power and receive credits after the energy is delivered into the power grid.
    I got this from an article I saw:
    IN model the customers purchase a single solar panel for $813.the installation company handles all permitting, installation and maintenance. The solar power produced in Putney is delivered to the GMP grid and customers receive credit for the power that is produced. Nonprofit organizations, and even customers who rent, can take part in community solar projects.
    Eventually, the households and businesses will own the panels in about 12 years and receive the energy for free after the equipment is paid for. The panels are expected to last 50 years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.